Come and discover land of flax/linen
Flax/linen main producing region in the world, the North of France, from Calvados to Nord Pas-de-Calais, is a leader in the global industry of flax fiber. Upper Normandy alone accounts for 50% of world production of quality flax fibers. This dynamic activity in the region is not widely known, even locally. TERRE DE LIN has decided to share its know-how and create visits to make discover it activity and linen industry in general. Visits can take place on the sites of SAINT-PIERRE-Le-VIGER (76) and ROUTOT (27).
BE LINEN MOVIE IN ENGLISH from Linen and hemp community on Vimeo.
Industrial tourism activity is a local promotion action, which also endorses a social role:
- Visits fee is totaly donated for the benefit of the social work of committee entrepise
- Animation of the visits by volunteer guides, flax/linen growers and former cooperative members and employees /li>
- Valorization of our professions and know-how to the public
The visit takes place in 3 steps:
- 1. Video Projection to present plant vegetation period
- 2. Visit of our scutching and hackling mill
- 3. Presentation of the downstream sector and flax/linen outlets
On the site of Saint-Pierre-le-Viger (76)
- Individual Price: 4 euros
- Group rate: 3 euros
- Children and schools: 1 euros
GROUPS: We welcome groups (minimum 10 people) throughout the year (Closed in August and Christmas period). For more information and to make reservations, please contact TERRE DE LIN at + 33 2 35 97 41 33
INDIVIDUALS: During the school holidays (except Christmas and August), we set up some tour for individuals. To know the visit opportunities and to book, please contact Bourg Dun tourism office in + 33 2 35 84 19 55.
Our shop is only open during the visits.
On the site of Routot (27)
- Group rate: 5 euros (combined with the visit of Maison du lin Routot)
GROUPS: We welcome groups (minimum 10 people) throughout the year (Closed in August and Christmas period). The tour is combined with La maison du lin which presents the history of flax/linen in its museum. La Maison du lin has a shop.
For more information and to make reservations, please contact La maison du lin at + 33 2 35 56 21 76 or the departmental tourism committee of Eure at +33 2 32 62 84 49
Continue your visit to the region
Below, you will find a list of links to other sites of interest:
LA MAISON DU LIN - www.lamaisondulin-en-normandie.fr
MANUFACTURE CLUIZEL - www.cluizel.com